SmallTubers Community Forum

Welcome to the SmallTubers community forum

Originally founded by YouTube's Bestology and DeanSearle, SmallTubers has rapidly grown to create a large community fanbase of vloggers on Facebook!

This forum is to support the Facebook page, and the up and coming SmallTubers official website!

If you are a vlogger, please sign up for FREE now, and join our community!

Don't forget to search for our Facebook page too!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the SmallTubers community forum

Originally founded by YouTube's Bestology and DeanSearle, SmallTubers has rapidly grown to create a large community fanbase of vloggers on Facebook!

This forum is to support the Facebook page, and the up and coming SmallTubers official website!

If you are a vlogger, please sign up for FREE now, and join our community!

Don't forget to search for our Facebook page too!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to vloggers from around the world!

What do you class as selling out? Findusfacebook

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 183 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:45 am

4 posters

What do you class as selling out?

Bestology
    Bestology

What do you class as selling out? Empty What do you class as selling out?

Post  Bestology Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Heres a good question, as many people have different opinions on "selling out" on your account. I personally think selling out is doing tshirts, video responding in the hope for views, facebook fan pages, twitter account just for your youtube fans, friending people you dont know, and asking people to check out your channel. I know some people that do this, but that is their choice, i dont dislike them for it! but i wouldnt do these things myself. whats your views?
    TheLiam3004vlogs
    TheLiam3004vlogs

What do you class as selling out? Empty Re: What do you class as selling out?

Post  TheLiam3004vlogs Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:31 am

i send friend requests to people that i watch and to people that are doing the same thing as me
    theChangeVlog

Post  theChangeVlog Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:43 am

I don't find those things to be selling out. I think selling out would be product placement or corporate sponsorship that replaces content in your vlog and damages your purpose/message. I am trying to do somthing very specific with my vlog and if I didn't talk about changes I'm making and instead talked about a product because someone was paying me ... thats selling out!

Twitter, video responses, etc ... that is just trying to reach a larger audience ... in my opinion.

Charles
    the Change Vlog
    MsLucyG88
    MsLucyG88

Post  MsLucyG88 Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Yeh its hard to say that linking with people you don't know is selling out because one of the good things about youtube is you meet people you don't know. I don't think any of my real life friends are even on youtube...

I also don't think its such a bad thing to do product placement or promo stuff in videos but I do think you need to be honest about it. That way your subscribers know what they are watching and they can choose whether or not to keep watching. I guess its risky but that's their choice...

.... buy books!! study
    MsLucyG88
    MsLucyG88

Post  MsLucyG88 Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 pm

... also - I think tagging your videos with the words 'boobs' and 'lesbian fun times' when its actually a short film about the funny trick you taught your hamster, is probably selling out...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:01 pm